Symptoms in women :• White, thick “cottage cheese-like” vaginal discharge
• Mild to severe vaginal itching and burning
• Burning of the external genitalia when urinating
• Red, sore labia (vaginal lips)
• Pain with intercourse
• Some women do not have symptoms.
Symptoms in Men:
• Irritation, redness at tip of the penis or under the foreskin
• Pain when passing urine
• Dry, itchy skin on the genitals
• Most men do not have symptoms
For women, your doctor or other health-care provider will collect a sample of fluid with a small swab from the vagina and have it tested at a laboratory. For men, a yeast infection can usually be diagnosed by a simple visual exam.